Saturday, March 17, 2007

The best Birthday Party EVER!

So most of you already know I'm infatuated with alligators. My friend Marianne had her son's 4th Birthday party at the fabulous new park, Gator Country USA about 20 miles west of Beaumont. They boast the world's largest alligator in captivity - Big Al who is 12 feet long and 1000 pounds. DANG.

Here, Fishy Fishy Fishy.


Here's Brave Marianne with a 4-footer. Needless to say neither Colin nor myself were that brave.


Although Colin did like taunting "Big Snappy."



Look to the bottom left of this pic (James is looking). THAT's Big Al. Did I mention he got shot with a shotgun when he attacked some guys golden retriever. At which point the park guide said, "Well... they LOVE dem dogs."


Colin and I were thinking this would be an excellent spot for my 30th Birthday Party.

Here's Colin getting brave.

Here's the Birthday Boy with a baby gator.


Colin (outside the fence) and Big Al. Ah, how sweet.


Colin and Big Al (inside the fence).

Dang.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these!

Sara Carolina said...

Wow - who knew there was a gator "park" so close. When is your 30th - in the fall? I can't remember now

Anonymous said...

Crikey! Look at the size of his TEETH! Oh, you're a grumpy one, aren't you....